On Thursday, June 20, with the summer season in full swing, please join NSC and Be Smart. Be Well.® for Safe Teen Driving Day on Facebook to hear from teens and leading experts from the Centers for Disease Control and the National Safety Council about safe teen driving.
Learn how you can be the key to getting teens to drive phone free, and staying safe on the roads this summer.
After June 20, go to Be Smart. Be Well. Facebook and tell us how driving phone free is going. If you are a parent, tell us how you are helping your teen drive phone free.
Parents, you can also download the Teen Driving Agreement at BeSmartBeWell.com http://www.besmartbewell.com/teen-driving/driver-agreement.pdf)
Special guest contributors for Safe Teen Driving Day are:
- Erin Sauber-Schatz – Ph. D., M.P.H., senior research scientist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;
- Deborah Trombley, Senior Program Manager, Transportation Initiatives, National Safety Council
- Pam Fischer, Coalition Leader, New Jersey Teen Safe Driving Coalition
- Eliseo Saldivar – Faculty Advisor, Project Ignition; former driver education teacher at Harry D. Jacobs High School in Algonquin, IL.
- Laura Saldivar – Intern, Teen and Distracted Driving Advocacy, National Safety Council. Teen Distracted Driving Peer Prevention Leadership Team member and mentor at National Organizations for Youth Safety (NOYS), Teen Advisory Group.